Thursday, April 10, 2008

Summary of Article


Article "Agence considers ditching honour system for turnstiles" published in The GAZETTE newspaper on Wednesday, April 9, 2008 is about train fare procedure called 'the honour system'. So far, Montreal has used the honour system which means fare of train relies on passengers' honesty so people believe that passengers are going to pay their fares honestly. There have been no machines like ticket turnstiles or fare gates in metro stations so people have been able to pass train station without paying fares. According to the AMT, no matter how much fare evasion has been decreased, now we have to install gates in four busiest train stations to catch passengers who didn't pay fare. The four train stations that The Agence are planning to put gates in have been passed by 80% of suburban trains' passengers and all AMT's commuter lines stop at those four stations. Therefore, in this way, ticket fraud will be reduced much more efficiently.

9 comments:

Yufi said...

Hello,Nicole!You writing is very good!

Nicole said...

Thanks Yufi~♪

FOX said...

i get benefit from your writing!

Nicole said...

I got nothing from yours Fox..haha I'm just kidding :D

Loc said...

i dont know how can this new sistem reduce customer money. if u use ur card 5 times a day by this kind of card ( the one we have), its nothing, but how about the new one, it's cost money everytime u pass the metro gate.

Nicole said...

Loc..you didn't read my summary,did you? It's about train not about metro. You are talking about the smart card, right?

Ivy said...

I sorry about step your blog so late ...It is wonderful..I like the music !!

sandra said...

How is it in Korea? Do people rely on other people's honesty or there is a different system?

And, yes, I see the other comments, and I can too add that your writing is very good.

Nicole said...

Thank you Sandra. In my country, there is no system based on people's honesty. That doesn't mean that we don't believe people but we have been using machines to pay fares for convenience. In order to use transportation, peopl have to charge for their own smart cards or just pay coins. Instead of using weekly or monthly pass, we use smart card so everytime when we use that card, money goes out automatically. I think it's more efficient and easy way to charge the fare but in my case, it's not good because I use transportation a lot so most part of my budget was used for transpotaion fares. So recent year, one special law was added. If we take a bus, we can take another one within an hour for free. So when I was in Korea, I used to take a bus to go somewhere and finish what I had to do within an hour and take a bus to go back to home. In this way, I pay only for one time to use transportation.;D