Friday, April 11, 2008

★Learning Language★

▶The biggest difference between my first language and English◀

My first language is Korean and there are several differences between Korean and English. The biggest difference is word order. For example, word order of English is subject, verb, and then object. On the other hand, word order of Korean is subject, object, and verb. Unlike English, always verb comes at the end of the sentences. So when I write something in English, I have to think and adjust different word order system. In addition, Koreans barely use passive so it takes few time to change verb form in my head. Pronunciation is quite different as well. Korean doesn’t have ‘R’ or ‘F’ or ’TH’ sounds so I always get confused when I say ‘B’ or ‘V’, ‘P’ or ‘F’, ‘TH’ or ‘S’ and ‘R’ or ‘L’. For instance, I was supposed to say ‘thousand’ but I sometimes said ‘sousand’ something like that.

10 comments:

FOX said...

very good, so now you know how to learn it, i am watching you~~

Nicole said...

Well, that doesn't mean that now I am able to speak English like native speakers..haha

Marley said...

I didn't know that about Korean pronunciation. I learned something important. Thanks. Your pronunciation is quite good so I didn't realize you found it challenging. Thanks for sharing.
marley

Alaa M said...

Hi Nicole
I really surprised with this information about your language especially the part of using the passive form.
You have nice blog and pictures.
good luck..
Alaa

Kathy Katherine said...

Did you have a hard time at the first time?
I like your voice when you speak English=)

Nicole said...

Thaks Katerine:D. Well I still have a hard time..I got lots of tongue twists, haha~

FOX said...

because i don't know how,
why don't u just help me or teach me hand by hand?

Nicole said...

Ok Fox.Tomorrow, when we go to computer lab together, I will let you know how to do it!!!

Danka said...

Hey, you have a very pretty blog!!!

Loc said...

haha, im not liar. i asked fox im good leader, he said yes. so i just speak out ain. hahaha